Today it is a reality that many companies are pushing hard with their strategies SEM (paid advertising on google). Every time margins are narrower and PPC (payments for clicks) higher. This is a major drawback for the big “players” in sectors with a lot of turnover. And for SMEs makes certain keywords are completely inaccessible.
Is it then impossible to enter some markets PPC? Small businesses are doomed to do anything sensible investments to try to win customer share?
Alternative to insufficient times strategy long tail
This is a widely used for marketers consisting bid on more specific and longer “keywords” to show ads only to those users who apparently have very clear what they seek alternative.
– “Car Insurance”: generic keyword. Much traffic volume but largely unskilled.
– “Family Car Insurance” keyword for “long tail”. Less traffic but qualified and often, the bid is cheaper (though not always).
– “Hiring family car insurance”: here we find a specific keyword and purchase intent by the user. The bid is usually very high.
To all this, these techniques are very valid but many marketers already use them so that we can find sometimes that certain bids “long tail” may even be more expensive than generic keywords. Why? Very simple, because bids are better% conversion.
Alternative to give note: SEM + Inbound marketing
The inbound marketing is a set of techniques in one of its phases; it allows us to “mature” records with low purchase intent.
The idea is the following:
– If as a small business is impossible to buy records with high intent to purchase because they are very expensive, alternative is to buy records (leads) less “hot” and accompany them through automated marketing until the desired time of purchase techniques. These techniques are known as Lead Nurturing.
If we transfer this methodology to a particular example would be as follows:
– In the first instance for any keyword a little more generic looking for a good CPC and assumable by the company such as “car insurance Conditions” (keyword with less purchase intention).
– Once you click the link in addition to providing the information required by the user, important, if not buying (which is most likely), we can program a string of emails to follow “empathizing” with the potential customer and thus go pulling him toward the time of purchase.
– These emails can be a couple of related information and a final email with a specific offer to invite to buy.
Many companies underestimate these techniques because the results are not seen immediately but well done you can go into a wheel of clients ranging “mature” their purchasing intentions to finish in your portfolio.
Do you think that is a good option to combine with Inbound marketing SEM?