When you record videos it is likely that you won’t want to use all the footage that was captured. Some of the footage that you record may have issues that can’t be fixed, or in other cases you may simply have excess footage in the video that isn’t needed. Both of these cases are a big part of why one of the main methods of processing a video is to ‘trim out’ any unwanted parts – but to do that you’ll need a video editor.
While most video editors will let you trim your video in some form or other, there are arguably none that make it as easy as Movavi Video Editor. By using it you can quickly isolate and remove any part of your video – and all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Launch Movavi Video Editor.
- Click on the ‘Add Media Files’ button and select the video that you want to edit.
- In the ‘Timeline’ located in the lower part of the software you will be able to see a red marker that you can move to the point where you want to split your video.
- Click the ‘Split’ icon (i.e. the scissors) to split your video at the point where the red marker is positioned.
- Click on the segment that you want to remove to select it.
- Right-click and select ‘Delete’ to remove that segment, or hit the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard.
- When you are done click ‘Export’ to save the video.
In some cases you may have to split your video twice to isolate the segment that you want to remove, or in others you may want to trim out multiple parts throughout your video. By repeating these steps however, you can easily use Movavi Video Editor to accomplish both.
Of course there is much more to Movavi Video Editor than using it as a simple video trimmer, and if you want to create truly impressive videos then you should explore its other features. By using them you could improve the quality of your videos, fix common issues, apply special effects or filters, merge clips together, insert captions, add audio tracks, improve and transform audio, and much more.
Suffice to say Movavi Video Editor will let you do far more than trim your video and will effectively hand you a comprehensive range of features that you can use to edit your video to a professional standard. Whether you want to use them or not is up to you – and if you just want to be able to trim your video without any hassle it is still a great option.